BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The things that make you go.....


Dragged my body out of the snuggly warm bed after an extremely late night, had only one coffee, no shower and turned down my husbands bribe of $200.00 to not attend church and went to church anyway.How good am I?? !!

At one point, the preacher was talking about christianity in a country (can't remember which remote 3rd world country unfortunately) where only .03 percent of the population is Christian, bible Christians.

A bible Christian? I had thought a christian was a christian, good, bad,pretty, ugly, bible carrying, bible whacking, tall, short, well I guess you get the picture. Your either Christian or your not.

The decision was made to email the Preacher and ask what he meant by it, because quite frankly I was mildly perplexed by it. I recieved a response back on same day, which I have listed below.

On Sunday morning I referred to bible Christians to distinguish them from members of a population who might call themselves Christians but who are only culture Christians rather than Christians because they are convinced that Jesus is the Lord. Bible Christians also implies people who accept the Word of God as the authority of their living rather than taking as their ultimate authority their own experiences or their own values or what somebody else has said, including the church. The question of authority sometimes changes what we regard to be true.

I hope this is helpful. Come back to me with any questions or criticisms if you want to.


While I understand where he is coming from, Im not sure I agree with the need to categorise Christians, each to their own opinions I guess especially when it's really not THE burning issue of the day!




0 comments: