BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub


For the first time in the three years I have been working in retail, I didn't want to serve a customer, could NOT serve the customer for fear of gagging.

She was grotty, dirty, greasy hair with dandruff gently yet persistently falling all over her shoulders. How you have greasy hair with dandruff is beyond me. It looked like she had slept in the clothing she was wearing for at least the last couple of weeks.

It took everything I could do not to gag. I was polite but not helpful, insofar as whatever she asked for I said we didn't have. I wanted her out of the store. Pronto.

I wanted to tell her to go home, have a shower, bathe, give herself a good scrub-a-dub-dub and put on fresh clothing.

Not really showing the old Christian heart, is it? I was all up in arms about the customer UNTIL I started writing this and now I just feel disappointed in myself.

Now, What would Jesus do?

Whatever he would do, we can rule out the path I chose.

0 comments: